Self Employment

Our accounts and tax service for the self-employed includes preparing annual accounts, calculating the tax liability, submitting your tax return and dealing with HMRC correspondence.

Prices start at just £300 + VAT so give us a call to discuss how we can help.


To know what is happening in your business it is essential that your accounting records are accurate and up to date. It is also essential in calculating the correct tax to be paid.

The level of assistance will depend on the size of the business. A VAT registered business will need more regular support than a sole trader who need annual accounts to support their self-assessment tax return. We tailor our service to your needs

Personal tax returns

Your self-assessment tax return needs to be submitted to HM Revenue & Customs by 31 January each year. Our experienced staff can advise on planning, options available and ensure that your tax affairs are kept up to date.

Tax regulations are constantly changing so it pays to have your affairs reviewed regularly so ensure that you are making the most effective use of any allowances available.

HMRC have the power to enquire into your tax return in the year following submission. In the event of an enquiry we can handle the process on your behalf, to conclude the matter as quickly and as painlessly as possible. We offer a fee protection insurance so that you do not incur additional costs on professional fees incurred in dealing with the HMRC enquiry.

We can also help you with tax credit claims.


We can advise whether you should be VAT registered. If you should be registered then we prepare and submit your quarterly VAT returns and submit them online. We can also advise upon the treatment of transactions where special VAT rules apply.